Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Tunisian Squares in the Round: Ok, so I think I'm getting better at it...

Or, maybe it's in the yarn. 

I ran out of the maroon yarn I was working with in my last attempt at the Squares Around the World pattern, so I started digging into my stash of "random yarn I binge purchased over the years."

I found this.

Enchantment TM if you cannot read the label.
Note the lovely knot, reinforcing the need to ball up your yarn before starting a project.
I also found this teddy bear I loom knit at some point, never gave a face, and then buried to find later and mull over.

Faceless bear, birthday unknown...
Anyhow, I found three skeins of the sparkly, annoying yarn that feels rough because of the sparkly strand woven along its length.

The photo doesn't do this yarn justice.
That's super sparkly, hot pink, vibrant purple, and deep black.
Scratchy, but striking.
So why am I focusing on the yarn? Because it works fantastically with this Tunisian square in the round pattern.

Starting up again with the new sparkly yarn.
As you can see, it isn't curling up nearly as much as the regular worsted weight and that springy grey yarn I used before.

And here it is, several more rounds.

Almost looks like the pattern, except I chose sparkly yarn in jazzy colors.
I'm certain that three balls of yarn is nowhere near what I need to make the entire blanket, but I have enough to make a wall hanging or a lap blanket or maybe a drape for the headrest of a chair or a pillow (though the scratchiness of the yarn wouldn't lend itself to snuggling, I think).


Want to give it a shot?
Here's the link to the free pattern on Red Heart's website for the finished project shown below. If you're unfamiliar with Tunisian Crochet, check out their tutorial page here. A benefit of the patterns on Red Heart is if you want to do a project, they have all the supplies queued up for quick purchasing.


Source: http://www.redheart.com/medias/sys_master/images/images/h5c/h43/8799497027614.jpg

Ok, now back to making this thing and soothing my finger burns from balling up all that yarn.  Post in the comments if you've tried this pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment