Sunday, April 29, 2018

Tunisian in the Round: That's a wrap. . . err, lap blanket.

Hurray, the lap blanket is finished! 

Here's the glamor shot.


And here's the pile o' blanket it was shortly before I finished it. I think I was down to one more round.

I like this one because it looks like a flower.

Anyhow, that was a lot of fun, hope you can give the pattern a try if you're into it. Here's a link where you can find it.

*****

And now, on to the new project! Stashaholic's Braindead Afghan pattern by Sherri Bondy on ravelry. I tried this out a few years back to burn through some scrap yarn and lost the pattern. Lately, I got a little nostalgic, crossed my fingers, and searched it out on the interwebs.

Hurray! Found it here.

It's a super easy pattern to follow, even for a newer crochet enthusiast. The repeating pattern is excellent for practicing basic stitches, using up your stash of yarn, and generating a lovely throw or wall hanging.

Stitches include: chain, single crochet, and double crochet.

And here is my work in progress (and those are my knees).

I'm about a foot into the project, a baby blanket.

I had a single role of Caron Simply Soft yarn in my stash, and there's not much you can do with that other than baby blankets, snuggles, and the like. The picture pales in the scale of pinkness this yarn exudes. I tell you, when I buy pink, I go for bright. But yes, there is this entity known as Amazon.

Perhaps I can scout a better picture there. . .


Scout accomplished!


It's this stuff:
Watermelon. See? Told you it was bright.
If you dig the yarn, here's a link to the 3-pack pictured above.

2 comments:

  1. This is lovely! Did it take you long to make?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Tunisian one took a couple weeks. The baby blanket took a weekend, of I remember correctly.

    For Tunisian, I typically estimate double what a single crochet project Would take because each stitch is the result of two passes. This one used small weight yarn and a small hook, too.

    The other is basically just doubles.

    ReplyDelete