Saturday, January 5, 2019

Pattern Book Review: Tipped Double Scarf by Eileen Trommel

Tipped Doubles Scarf by Eileen Troemel


This is a short and sweet pattern. The result is a 3D-looking pattern that does, as stated in the description, work very nicely with a variegated yarn. I didn't have the right hook for the gauge (too small), so I added an extra 4 chain to the start to add one more pattern group to the mix. That worked out to just right, about 6 inches wide.

I would recommend this to folks who are already comfortable with how to read crochet patterns and who know basic stitches like chain, double crochet, and slip stitch. I think that even beginners, if they have the basics down, would be able to work this project.

Also, the result was so thick, even with a regular worsted weight yarn. I think it could be scaled up very nicely to a shawl or even a blanket. I made a companion hat for my scarf using the brim and bottom of my Nifty Knit Hat (in knit) and the pattern row from this book; they actually fit together pretty nicely.

Anyway, this is a neat pattern and has potential for other creative projects.

I purchased my copy of this book on Smashwords.

This is a single crochet pattern, so don't be surprised when the front matter of the ebook takes you to 50%.


Buy on Smashwords  |  Add on Goodreads


Pictures:


A few rows in with one extra pattern group added for width.

The pattern looks interesting from this angle.

Close up to show the depth.

My scarf, nearly complete.




2 comments:

  1. Thank you for using my pattern! This looks gorgeous. I love the colors in the yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Eileen. It was a fun pattern!

    ReplyDelete