Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Found the crochet and knitting books at the library!

I don't know why I never thought to look for them before, but I suppose I've always thought of the library as a source for fiction and non-fiction, and never equated crafty books with non-fiction.

Well, anyways, today I made the connection, asked for help from the librarian, and perused the offerings. I found a few that were interesting, two intriguing enough to snap a photo of, and one I couldn't resist borrowing.

So here's the one I borrowed. It looks perfect for eating through my out-of-control scrap stash. I may even give a few of the knit critters a try, though no promises.

75 Birds, Butterflies & little beasts to knit and crochet
 by Lesley Stanfield

I also thought this one had some interesting projects in it, and it seemed that the instructions inside would be perfect for a beginner. I glimpsed some sections on holding the yarn and tension, plus the obligatory stitch guides.  Anyhow, I thought it good enough to take a snapshot so I'd remember to look for it next time.

Simple Crocheting
by Erika Knight
So if you want to check them out and can't find them at your library, here are some links to find them at Amazon. Also, these are better pictures of the book covers, though I do enjoy looking at the ones I snapped.

Here's 75 Birds, Butterflies & little beasts to knit and crochet at Amazon.





Here's Simple Crocheting on Amazon.


If you try any of the projects in one of these, I'd love to hear it.


No comments:

Post a Comment